As one of the most convenient types of floor coverings, wooden flooring installation doesn’t require the usage of tools such as mortar, stretching tools, or floor size styles. You may do the installation with the instruments familiar to you, like drills, saws, and hammers. For floors with a better finish, consider using the services of experienced Grayson installers of hardwood floor.
Putting in hardwood flooring is an art work. It takes enough knowledge and artistic abilities. Though you can easily install it yourself with the help of some manuals and instruments, using the services of seasoned hardwood floor contractors could be a better option. Choose professionals who can provide a beautiful, efficient, and correct installation. Coordinating with them can help you obtain the results you need. Here are some ways to install wood flooring.
Hardwood Flooring Contractors
One of the most crucial home décor decisions relates to the choice of flooring. With the market flooded with mind boggling flooring options, today's homeowners get easily worked up as it comes to selecting the flooring. The stones, the different variety of tiles, and the greener versions of wood flooring - you name them and you can have them all.
For centuries hardwoods remained the most prized flooring option among the homeowners. But when you are doing up your home in a classic style, you may not probably close your eyes to the beauty and elegance of real wood flooring. In fact, men have never been able to ignore the air of understated sophistication that comes with hardwood flooring. Hardwood flooring reflects nature's diversity with its dramatic range of textures, colors, patterns and styles. And not only beauty - hardwood flooring is a rare combination of practicality, durability and aesthetics. And that explains why wooden flooring remains the most popular flooring option.
While shopping for hardwood flooring, always remember that quality comes for a price.
When there is no doubt that hardwood flooring makes the best choice, you should proceed with caution while choosing the materials. Here are the rules of thumb to help you find out the best product for your dream home.
- If hardwood is your choice, you have to be flexible with your budget-for quality hardwoods; you have to pay the right price. Initially they may seem to be too expensive; but it will turn out to be a life long investment.
- On the other hand, what happens when you opt for the cheaper versions? They turn out to be much costlier in future in terms of repair or changing the whole lot.
- Consider the grain pattern of the woods to judge the strength of the wood.
- Remember, the rarer and more exotic woods command higher prices.
Research your options well before picking up just any variety
- Before hitting the market, do your homework well on the types of the hardwoods used for flooring purposes.
- While choosing the woods keep in mind the overall theme of the décor and then choose the product that best complements the style and mood of your interior.
- Oak and maples are the types of hardwoods that are used in vogue in the interiors of residences as well as commercial complexes. Not only they look lavish and fashionable, these two hardwoods make the strongest wood flooring.
- Rose wood is also a popular hardwood flooring variety and the interior decorators just love the red Brazilian rose wood variety when it comes to bringing about a rustic flavor. Ash, beech, birch, cherry, hickory and walnut are other favorites for achieving decorative accents.
- However, if you want to impart a touch of Victorian aristocracy to your overall home decor, then consider nothing other than Burma Mahogany-the ultimate word in luxurious fine living.
Hardwood flooring makes a practical choice only when you go for its proper care and maintenance. Care for your hardwood flooring doesn't demand much-a regular cleaning of the floor using a wood cleaner and daily sweeping backed by one in a week moping. Use floor mats and fix felt padding under the furniture to protect your precious hardwood flooring scratches and daunts.
Hickory Hardwood Floors - Are Hickory Floors Good For All Situations?
Going shopping for hardwood flooring can be a daunting task with so many different woods to choose from. Each has their own advantages and disadvantages. One wood that has more advantages than disadvantages is walnut. The only disadvantage is that it is usually higher than others for hardwood flooring are. Using walnut will have a unique appearance, as the grain will be prominently showcased. Although the cost may be higher, it will last longer than other wood. It will also add to the overall value of your home.
Many hardwood floors cannot be mopped even with a damp mop without damaging the wood. The water can seep into the wood, causing mold or rot. With walnut hardwood flooring, it is low maintenance so mopping is an option and it tends to resist mold, water damage, and bug infestations. All of these can harm the wood. If you decide to damp mop the floor, you can do so without needed to treat the hardwood flooring with chemicals that will help to protect the wood from damage such as rot. Walnut hardwood flooring is more resistant from cracking and chipping.
Walnut flooring is also easy to install so this can be a project that the homeowners can do themselves. The walnut planks are generally sold in large quantities with the instructions how to install them included. Once you have a subfloor in place these walnut planks can be easily fitted together to create the entire hardwood floor surface. Damaging the planks is less likely because of the process of treating the wood after harvest and the strength of the planks.
Walnut flooring tends to have a dark appearance but a variation in color can happen. One of the advantages of having a wood with darker grain is it hides dirt better. When the floor starts to accrue dirt or wear it will still appear beautiful. To prevent the buildup of grime and dirt that will eventually damage the wood you can easily clean it. Daily you should try to dust mop the flooring. To make sure that the dust clings to the mop you can lightly spray it with a wood floor cleaner or furniture polish. Make sure that you do not saturate the dust mop with the spray. If your vacuum has a hardwood floor attachment you can use it. If there are any spills, wipe them up immediately.
As you can see, there are many advantages to choosing walnut flooring. It is a stable wood and is less susceptible to water and dirt damage, warping and cracking. Yes, it does cost more but in the end you will have an elegant hardwood floor that will add value to your home should you ever sell it.