As one of the most convenient types of floor coverings, wooden flooring installation doesn’t require the usage of tools such as mortar, stretching tools, or floor size styles. You may do the installation with the instruments familiar to you, like drills, saws, and hammers. For floors with a better finish, consider using the services of experienced Auburn installers of hardwood floor.
Putting in hardwood flooring is an art work. It takes enough knowledge and artistic abilities. Though you can easily install it yourself with the help of some manuals and instruments, using the services of seasoned hardwood floor contractors could be a better option. Choose professionals who can provide a beautiful, efficient, and correct installation. Coordinating with them can help you obtain the results you need. Here are some ways to install wood flooring.
Hardwood Flooring Contractors
One of the most crucial home décor decisions relates to the choice of flooring. With the market flooded with mind boggling flooring options, today's homeowners get easily worked up as it comes to selecting the flooring. The stones, the different variety of tiles, and the greener versions of wood flooring - you name them and you can have them all.
For centuries hardwoods remained the most prized flooring option among the homeowners. But when you are doing up your home in a classic style, you may not probably close your eyes to the beauty and elegance of real wood flooring. In fact, men have never been able to ignore the air of understated sophistication that comes with hardwood flooring. Hardwood flooring reflects nature's diversity with its dramatic range of textures, colors, patterns and styles. And not only beauty - hardwood flooring is a rare combination of practicality, durability and aesthetics. And that explains why wooden flooring remains the most popular flooring option.
While shopping for hardwood flooring, always remember that quality comes for a price.
When there is no doubt that hardwood flooring makes the best choice, you should proceed with caution while choosing the materials. Here are the rules of thumb to help you find out the best product for your dream home.
- If hardwood is your choice, you have to be flexible with your budget-for quality hardwoods; you have to pay the right price. Initially they may seem to be too expensive; but it will turn out to be a life long investment.
- On the other hand, what happens when you opt for the cheaper versions? They turn out to be much costlier in future in terms of repair or changing the whole lot.
- Consider the grain pattern of the woods to judge the strength of the wood.
- Remember, the rarer and more exotic woods command higher prices.
Research your options well before picking up just any variety
- Before hitting the market, do your homework well on the types of the hardwoods used for flooring purposes.
- While choosing the woods keep in mind the overall theme of the décor and then choose the product that best complements the style and mood of your interior.
- Oak and maples are the types of hardwoods that are used in vogue in the interiors of residences as well as commercial complexes. Not only they look lavish and fashionable, these two hardwoods make the strongest wood flooring.
- Rose wood is also a popular hardwood flooring variety and the interior decorators just love the red Brazilian rose wood variety when it comes to bringing about a rustic flavor. Ash, beech, birch, cherry, hickory and walnut are other favorites for achieving decorative accents.
- However, if you want to impart a touch of Victorian aristocracy to your overall home decor, then consider nothing other than Burma Mahogany-the ultimate word in luxurious fine living.
Hardwood flooring makes a practical choice only when you go for its proper care and maintenance. Care for your hardwood flooring doesn't demand much-a regular cleaning of the floor using a wood cleaner and daily sweeping backed by one in a week moping. Use floor mats and fix felt padding under the furniture to protect your precious hardwood flooring scratches and daunts.
Hardwood Flooring Installation Companies
Wood flooring is one of the nicest home improvements that can be done in a home. There are so many different choices when it comes to Hardwood Flooring that it is difficult to pick out exactly what it is that you need, especially since hardwood flooring and engineered wood flooring are so readily available.
Make and Durability Issues
Hardwood floors are basically floors that have been cut directly from the wood into slats, much like regular lumber, and are treated for use as floors. These floors can come finished or unfinished. Many homeowners choose to have unfinished wood installed because they have more control over the final look by finishing the wood actually inside of their home.
Hardwood floors are very durable and are made to last for many years. With proper care and maintenance, hardwood floors can actually improve in appearance over time. The biggest drawback is maintenance. Hardwoods require special chemicals to clean and protect, however if the floor starts showing to much wear and tear, it can be refinished to give it back a brand new look.
Because wood is porous, hardwoods can easily soak up moisture causing mold, rot and bloating. Because of this issue, it is not recommended to install hardwood floors over concrete. It is recommended to install hardwoods over plywood, subflooring or other hardwood floors.
Engineered Hardwood Floors
Engineered hardwood floors are thin pieces of wood that are cut from other wood and than glued or laminated together. The visual part of engineered hardwood floors is the actual wood and not an image of the wood like with laminates and vinyl.
Engineered hardwood floors are also very durable and last for years. However, over time engineered hardwood floors do tend to show more wear and tear than normal hardwoods that have been well maintained. Due to the manufacturing process, engineered hardwoods are not as susceptible to water so it can be installed practically anywhere indoors without worrying to much about moisture. It is also very easy to maintain.