As one of the most convenient types of floor coverings, wooden flooring installation doesn’t require the usage of tools such as mortar, stretching tools, or floor size styles. You may do the installation with the instruments familiar to you, like drills, saws, and hammers. For floors with a better finish, consider using the services of experienced Lawrenceville installers of hardwood floor.
Putting in hardwood flooring is an art work. It takes enough knowledge and artistic abilities. Though you can easily install it yourself with the help of some manuals and instruments, using the services of seasoned hardwood floor contractors could be a better option. Choose professionals who can provide a beautiful, efficient, and correct installation. Coordinating with them can help you obtain the results you need. Here are some ways to install wood flooring.
Hardwood Flooring Contractors
One of the most crucial home décor decisions relates to the choice of flooring. With the market flooded with mind boggling flooring options, today's homeowners get easily worked up as it comes to selecting the flooring. The stones, the different variety of tiles, and the greener versions of wood flooring - you name them and you can have them all.
For centuries hardwoods remained the most prized flooring option among the homeowners. But when you are doing up your home in a classic style, you may not probably close your eyes to the beauty and elegance of real wood flooring. In fact, men have never been able to ignore the air of understated sophistication that comes with hardwood flooring. Hardwood flooring reflects nature's diversity with its dramatic range of textures, colors, patterns and styles. And not only beauty - hardwood flooring is a rare combination of practicality, durability and aesthetics. And that explains why wooden flooring remains the most popular flooring option.
While shopping for hardwood flooring, always remember that quality comes for a price.
When there is no doubt that hardwood flooring makes the best choice, you should proceed with caution while choosing the materials. Here are the rules of thumb to help you find out the best product for your dream home.
- If hardwood is your choice, you have to be flexible with your budget-for quality hardwoods; you have to pay the right price. Initially they may seem to be too expensive; but it will turn out to be a life long investment.
- On the other hand, what happens when you opt for the cheaper versions? They turn out to be much costlier in future in terms of repair or changing the whole lot.
- Consider the grain pattern of the woods to judge the strength of the wood.
- Remember, the rarer and more exotic woods command higher prices.
Research your options well before picking up just any variety
- Before hitting the market, do your homework well on the types of the hardwoods used for flooring purposes.
- While choosing the woods keep in mind the overall theme of the décor and then choose the product that best complements the style and mood of your interior.
- Oak and maples are the types of hardwoods that are used in vogue in the interiors of residences as well as commercial complexes. Not only they look lavish and fashionable, these two hardwoods make the strongest wood flooring.
- Rose wood is also a popular hardwood flooring variety and the interior decorators just love the red Brazilian rose wood variety when it comes to bringing about a rustic flavor. Ash, beech, birch, cherry, hickory and walnut are other favorites for achieving decorative accents.
- However, if you want to impart a touch of Victorian aristocracy to your overall home decor, then consider nothing other than Burma Mahogany-the ultimate word in luxurious fine living.
Hardwood flooring makes a practical choice only when you go for its proper care and maintenance. Care for your hardwood flooring doesn't demand much-a regular cleaning of the floor using a wood cleaner and daily sweeping backed by one in a week moping. Use floor mats and fix felt padding under the furniture to protect your precious hardwood flooring scratches and daunts.
Hickory Hardwood Floors - Are Hickory Floors Good For All Situations?
Wood floors and laminated floors are hard to tell apart and can be quite deceptive for the casual onlooker. It is only by touching or examining closely when you will be able to tell the difference between the two. Both of these flooring options have their own pros and cons, still both are in high demand and enjoy a healthy market share in their own individual capacities.
Here are a few differentiating characteristics which might help you in making up your mind as to which of the two would best suit your flooring needs.
Hard wood floors in comparison to Laminated Floors have a longer life span. A properly installed wooden floor preferably done by a skilled hardwood flooring installer can last for ages. Whereas laminated floors have a relatively short life span and tend to lose their original hue and color over time.
As compared to wooden floors laminated floors are easier to install and even a homeowner with some experience of carpentry could have a good go at it. However, installing wood floors could be a challenging proposition even for the most enthusiastic do-it-yourselfer. So it is best if you leave their installation to the expertise of a hardwood flooring installer.
Laminated floors lack the ability of being reconditioned once they reach the end of their useful life, and cannot be revived back to their original form. So the only possible alternative left is to replace them with new ones. Wood floors if maintained properly last much longer before they need any re-conditioning, and if required a good hardwood flooring installer can easily treat them to be as good as new.
Lamination floor products are comparatively cost less than wooden floors and some qualities start as low as under 1$ per square foot. So for the budget sensitive these floors would be a better choice.
Choice in Style Design and Color
When it comes to the range of style design and color laminated floors have an upper hand as compared to timber floors. Laminated floors come in a variety of different styles, designs and color shades giving you much more freedom of choice and home décor options. Timber floors though limited to some classic designs and color tones can be refinished to a different color tone or design by an expert hardwood flooring installer.
Timber floors are considered to be traditional, and have been around for centuries. They give your house a classic and expensive look. Considering their durability you can consider such flooring as a value addition to your house.
Taking all these distinctive points into consideration, the overall layout of your home and your personal preferences you can take a decision as to what type of flooring suits you the best.