As one of the most convenient types of floor coverings, wooden flooring installation doesn’t require the usage of tools such as mortar, stretching tools, or floor size styles. You may do the installation with the instruments familiar to you, like drills, saws, and hammers. For floors with a better finish, consider using the services of experienced Morrow installers of hardwood floor.
Putting in hardwood flooring is an art work. It takes enough knowledge and artistic abilities. Though you can easily install it yourself with the help of some manuals and instruments, using the services of seasoned hardwood floor contractors could be a better option. Choose professionals who can provide a beautiful, efficient, and correct installation. Coordinating with them can help you obtain the results you need. Here are some ways to install wood flooring.
Hardwood Flooring Contractors
Cleaning hardwood floors with vinegar is definitely not the best approach. Installing hardwood flooring is typically an expensive proposition and you want to make sure that you take care of it so that it looks fantastic for many years to come. Thus it's important to learn a few do's and don'ts to protect your investment.
There are three basic enemies of polyurethane finished hardwood floors, vinegar is only one of them.
Wax, Oil or Perfumed Hardwood Floor Cleaners:
The largest misconception in the industry is that floor cleaners can restore a dull polyurethane finish to its original shine. This is just not true. It is possible to remove a layer of grime or whatever that has built up over time and reveal the original shiny finish if it is still in good shape. But proper hardwood floor cleaners are designed to leave NO residue on the floor, thus you can only work with what you have in the first place.
Any floor cleaner that suggests it "shines" your floor must be leaving behind an oil or wax. It looks great on the day of application but leads to future problems. It is difficult to remove and prevents the adhesion of new finishes if you do in fact get to a point that you want to refinish to your hardwood floor. It forces you into a labour-intensive waxed floor maintenance regime that your mother was always trying to get away from.
Water, Your Floor's Worst Enemy!
Most floors today are factory finished. That means that the finish starts and stops at the edges of every board. In the dry seasons of the year your wood floor shrinks, leaving pathways between boards allowing water penetration. Thus it is highly recommended NOT to wet mop a floor and risk leaving a puddle of water sitting in these cracks that will cause your floor to swell and discolor. It is much better to use a terry cloth mop and spray a light mist of cleaner or water onto the mop or the floor.
Vinegar, To Do or Not?
And lastly should you use vinegar? Remember that cleaning a hardwood floor is all about cleaning NOT WOOD, but rather the chemical finish on the wood. You know by experience that anything acidic will etch chemical finishes. Now I'll agree that vinegar is a very mild acid and floor finishes today are extremely tough, but when cleaning hardwood floor with vinegar, used weekly, over years of application it will leave microscopic surface scratches that cause the light to deflect in strange ways and reduce overall shine. If there are better "neutral" cleaning products available why take the chance?
Read more about the 7 essential maintenance issues on how to clean hardwood floors so that they stay looking beautiful for your lifetime.
Asian Walnut Hardwood Flooring - Everything You Need to Know Before You Buy
One of the most crucial home décor decisions relates to the choice of flooring. With the market flooded with mind boggling flooring options, today's homeowners get easily worked up as it comes to selecting the flooring. The stones, the different variety of tiles, and the greener versions of wood flooring - you name them and you can have them all.
For centuries hardwoods remained the most prized flooring option among the homeowners. But when you are doing up your home in a classic style, you may not probably close your eyes to the beauty and elegance of real wood flooring. In fact, men have never been able to ignore the air of understated sophistication that comes with hardwood flooring. Hardwood flooring reflects nature's diversity with its dramatic range of textures, colors, patterns and styles. And not only beauty - hardwood flooring is a rare combination of practicality, durability and aesthetics. And that explains why wooden flooring remains the most popular flooring option.
While shopping for hardwood flooring, always remember that quality comes for a price.
When there is no doubt that hardwood flooring makes the best choice, you should proceed with caution while choosing the materials. Here are the rules of thumb to help you find out the best product for your dream home.
- If hardwood is your choice, you have to be flexible with your budget-for quality hardwoods; you have to pay the right price. Initially they may seem to be too expensive; but it will turn out to be a life long investment.
- On the other hand, what happens when you opt for the cheaper versions? They turn out to be much costlier in future in terms of repair or changing the whole lot.
- Consider the grain pattern of the woods to judge the strength of the wood.
- Remember, the rarer and more exotic woods command higher prices.
Research your options well before picking up just any variety
- Before hitting the market, do your homework well on the types of the hardwoods used for flooring purposes.
- While choosing the woods keep in mind the overall theme of the décor and then choose the product that best complements the style and mood of your interior.
- Oak and maples are the types of hardwoods that are used in vogue in the interiors of residences as well as commercial complexes. Not only they look lavish and fashionable, these two hardwoods make the strongest wood flooring.
- Rose wood is also a popular hardwood flooring variety and the interior decorators just love the red Brazilian rose wood variety when it comes to bringing about a rustic flavor. Ash, beech, birch, cherry, hickory and walnut are other favorites for achieving decorative accents.
- However, if you want to impart a touch of Victorian aristocracy to your overall home decor, then consider nothing other than Burma Mahogany-the ultimate word in luxurious fine living.
Hardwood flooring makes a practical choice only when you go for its proper care and maintenance. Care for your hardwood flooring doesn't demand much-a regular cleaning of the floor using a wood cleaner and daily sweeping backed by one in a week moping. Use floor mats and fix felt padding under the furniture to protect your precious hardwood flooring scratches and daunts.